Tuesday, April 24, 2012

How do we inquire with the Satguru?

Occurs that questions about the unknown itself, are questions for the satguru, who may or may not be present at any particular teaching, or reside at every moment
in a particular teacher. My questioning process is directed as far as I can tell, to the satguru, and generally can't be answered by many teachers despite that they understand the true nature of manyness. However, I'm still exploring the process of learning about how I can find the satguru, and giving each dialog a chance.
The satguru in this definition is a principle, not an entity. Therefore I can only as yet define it in the moment and by way of question and answer. Or, by reading written material extensively. Or, by direct experience of a transmission.
The questions for the satguru are difficult because they are impersonal. Very, very few are asking impersonal questions in satsangs here and now. The question takes a lot of time and thought energy, because it must:

  • come from an understanding of manyness/oneness
  • anticipate the answer
  • be precise in order to avoid being tainted by the personal
  • respect the satguru in allowing for all answers
  • respect the sangha by aiding them to be closer to oneness
This is my current understanding. Examples of my questions for the satguru are distributed throughout my writings and will continue to come.

1 comment:

  1. I dont think a Satguru could write an answer but they could communicate it in person,telepahically (it's the *absense* of telepathy is the amazing thing)
    With no Satguru locally one must ask the Satguru within but the answers will not be a thought or a word message- only a knowing , a knowing that cannot be adequately described to another with language or understood by the mind...this is my experience!
    If I ever met one -I wouldn't ask anything -I would just silently soak in the concepts!

    ReplyDelete